A SomeWhat "Green" Valentine

One thing you need to know about me is that I've been married for almost 28 years. I say that with pride and affection. Now, after a while it does get a little hard to make each Valentine's Day special. Sometimes life interfers with the card and gifting hunt. My hubby and I tend to be low key about such days but this year I know he went out of his way with a very busy schedule and brought me a lovely bouquet of flowers, an adorable card, and a large bag of jelly beans! This would only have been made better if we had been able to have dinner together that evening!  I on the other hand,  absolutely could not think of a cute gift for him or find a card that I thought worth spending money on.  So what I did was this ... I made him a huge batch of home-made chocolate chip cookies and a dozen deviled eggs! He was thrilled. I like to think it was a little environmentally friendly too!  P.S. the kitties got extra kitty pate that day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to respond to your comments but I can only do this if I have your email address. If you are a 'no-reply' blogger and have a question, you may either leave an email address with your comment or send me an "E" directly. Thanks for stopping by!